Drivers: For private sector organisations gaining a competitive edge is always important. Understanding and managing your social value is key to not only increase the desirability of your work, but a way to change and impact the world as you do so. The triple bottom line and responsible business are on everybody’s lips, and by taking a lead in the world of social value, you can change the perception and impact of your organisation.
The business case
Join us: By joining Social Value UK, you will have access to dedicated guidance and support from us, as well as joining a community of like-minded organisations all striving to make the world a better place. Our work isn’t just limited to private sector organisations, there are lots of opportunities for working across sectors.
“Because we’re using such a unique measurement framework, we were approached by a few different organisations who wanted to know more about out work in this area… this happened as a result of us using SROI because it helped to show that we were ahead of the crowd”
John Perkins, Purposeful Business Programme Manager, BT
Work we’re doing with the private sector
- Strategic Workshops for senior decision makers exploring policy and strategy – (delivered by us or in partnership)
- In-house training on Social Value and procurement
- We are a B-Corp Organisation.
- Impact Management Project
- We have worked with the World Business Council on Sustainable Development to develop the Social and Human Capital Protocol.
- We are a member of the National Social Value Taskforce
Useful links and next steps:
- Contact us for advice on how we might help
- Social and Human Capital Protocol
- Impact Management Project
- The Self-Assessment Tool
- Our Campaigns
- Is procurement good business?
Social Value and Procurement
With changes coming to the Social Value Act, social value will be more important in the world of procurement than ever before.
Social Value UK have a track record of working with procurement specialists, see some work below:
- We offer In-house training on Social Value and procurement
- We are running an Ultimate Masterclass alongside other social enterprises.
- Our Social Value Pioneers Bloom have worked with us on national events, such as our Members Exchange 2019, read our Q+A with Bloom’s Head of Social Value, Sarah Macnab here.
- David Shields, a procurement specialist, sits on the Social Value UK board.
- Read our blog Social Value and Procurement written with HACT.
- Read our blog Maximising Social Value through Procurement written by Catherine Manning, Operations Manager at SVUK.
- Read our blog Newcastle company named as the first procurement specialist to achieve the Social Value Certificate.
- Read our blog Liverpool company Construction Impact Framework (CIF) leads the way in Progressive Procurement.
- Listen to How exactly do you measure social value? An episode of PfH and Social Value UK here.
- Watch ‘What are the risks and opportunities associated with the social value agenda?’ with PfH and SVUK CEO Ben Carpenter here.
- Read PfH’s ‘Inside Procurement 2019 Unfolding the Future’ featuring SVUK Ben Carpenter’s article here.
- Social Value in Government Procurement paper can be downloaded here.