What is Software Accreditation?
Social Value International (SVI) have been accrediting software in alignment with the Social Value Principles since 2013. Software accreditation assesses that your software enables a user to capture the information required to complete a Social Value analysis in line with the SVI framework for accounting for value (value map) which is used to facilitate the application of the Principles of Social Value. In early 2020 SVI launched a new version of the Software Accreditation criteria with updates based on the following points:
- Provision of a criteria framework that is structured by a cycle of impact management (as opposed to being listed by Social Value Principle).
- Criteria assessed for alignment to the Impact Management for Everyone Rubric. This has been developed in collaboration between EngagedX, SVI, UNDP: SDG Impact Finance, University of Oxford, Said Business School, ixo
- Updates to the criteria based on methodological updates as outlined in the Standards and Guidance of SVI.
Social Value UK deliver the accreditation service on behalf of Social Value International.
What are the benefits?
- Give your customers the confidence that your tool can be used to produce an accurate social value analysis.
- Use our “Accredited by” logo on your software, website and promotional materials.
- Have your software product listed in the Accredited tools & software section of the software directory. We recommend these products to our members.
- Find out ways to improve the functionality of your software.
- Jointly create an article with Social Value UK to announce that your software has been accredited. This announcement will be distributed through our newsletters, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin groups.
- Organisations with an accredited software product are invited to host a webinar for the Social Value International membership. This can focus on the functionality of the software or the problem it was developed to address.
What is the process for applying?
The process for application is outlined in full in the Software Accreditation Process Document. The timeline for application will depend on the product and implementation of any amendments that are needed.
All applicants must complete the Software Criteria form in full. Applications should be made using the application button:
Key documents for your application
How much does accreditation cost?
The price of this service is:
- £1000 (plus VAT) for new applications
- £500 (plus VAT) for renewals.
Software accreditation lasts for two years.
Who can apply for accreditation?
Software Accreditation is open to all Partner and Pioneer Members of Social Value International. Find out more about Partner and Pioneer Membership and its benefits here.
How do I apply?
If you would like to have your software accredited, please contact the assurance team.