What is Software Accreditation?
Social Value International (SVI) have been accrediting software in alignment with the Social Value Principles since 2013. Software accreditation assesses that your software enables a user to capture the information required to complete a Social Value analysis in line with the SVI framework for accounting for value (value map) which is used to facilitate the application of the Principles of Social Value. In early 2020 SVI launched a new version of the Software Accreditation criteria with updates based on the following points:
- Provision of a criteria framework that is structured by a cycle of impact management (as opposed to being listed by Social Value Principle)
- Criteria assessed for alignment to the Impact Management for Everyone Rubric. This has been developed in collaboration between EngagedX, SVI, UNDP: SDG Impact Finance, University of Oxford, Said Business School, ixo
- Updates to the criteria based on methodological updates as outlined in the Standards and Guidance
Social Value UK deliver the accreditation service on behalf of Social Value International.
What are the benefits?
- Give your customers the confidence that your tool can be used to produce an accurate social value analysis
- Use our “Accredited by” logo on your software, website and promotional materials
- Have your software product listed in the Accredited Tools & Software section of the Software Directory. We recommend these products to our members
- Find out ways to improve the functionality of your software
- Jointly create an article with Social Value UK to announce that your software has been accredited. This announcement will be distributed through our newsletters, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin groups
- Organisations with an accredited software product are invited to host a webinar for the Social Value International membership. This can focus on the functionality of the software or the problem it was developed to address
The price of this service is:
- £1200 (£1000 + VAT) for new applications
- £600 (£500 + VAT) for renewals
Software accreditation lasts for two years.
Who can apply?
Software Accreditation is open to all Organisational Members of Social Value International.
How to apply
The process for application is outlined in full in the Software Accreditation Process Document. The timeline for application will depend on the product and implementation of any amendments that are needed.
Before making an application we strongly recommend that the lead applicant and software developer have attended Social Value & SROI Practitioner Training.
Key documents for your application
- Software Accreditation Process Document
- Terms and conditions of application
- Software Criteria Spreadsheet
All applicants must complete the Software Criteria Spreadsheet in full and agree to the terms and conditions.
To start your application, please contact the Assurance Team.