What is the Social Value Management Certificate?
The Social Value Management Certificate (SVMC) is a multi-level award for organisations, departments or projects. It helps them:
- Manage risks: Preparing for the SVMC helps you identify the risk of unintended and negative outcomes, giving you confidence about the future.
- Maximise impact: The SVMC process can help you make evidence-based decisions to maximise your social impact.
- Improve practice: The SVMC process helps you embed good practice as you follow a clear pathway for improvement where progress is made at every level.
- Gain competitive advantage: The SVMC shows investors, customers, commissioners and others that your work aligns with the international standard for managing social value. Stakeholders are more likely to support your organisation if they know you are improving society.
Level 1: Commit
An organisation or programme must demonstrate a commitment to embedding the SVI Framework and The Principles of Social Value into its policies and practices, supported by senior management and/ or the board. This means an explicit commitment to managing the social value being created in the organisation for all stakeholders.
Level 2: Implement
The organisation or programme must show that the commitment to managing social value in alignment to the SVI Framework and the Social Value Principles is being implemented into the organisational practice. This will include evidence of data that has been collected.
Level 3: Maximise
The organisation or programme must demonstrate that social value is being managed with an aim to maximise the value that is being created within the organisation’s available resources for all stakeholders. This means social value data is being used in organisational decision making continuously and systems and processes are being reviewed and improved.
How to apply
The SVMC has three levels which are completed in sequence, starting from Level 1. To apply:
- Download and read the Social Value Management Certificate Guidance Document carefully. This contains all the information you need to make a successful application. Also, download and read the Social Value Management Certificate Criteria for All 3 Levels.
- Make sure you have a valid organisational membership with Social Value UK.
- Contact the Assurance Team to help you prepare the application.
- Download and read the Terms & Conditions of the application. A signed copy of these must be submitted with your application.
- Download and complete the relevant Criteria and Evidence Form from the links below:
- Please note that organisations must go through each of the levels in sequence, beginning with Level 1.
- Apply using the button below. Your application will be processed during the next round of applications. The dates of the application rounds during 2023 are below. A calendar detailing the timelines of applications is available here.
|Assurance Service||Round Opens||Round Closes|
|Social Value Management Certificate Round 1||Monday 6th March 2023||Friday 17th March 2023|
|Social Value Management Certificate Round 2||Monday 5th June 2023||Friday 16th June 2023|
|Social Value Management Certificate Round 3||Monday 25th September 2023||Friday 6th October 2023|
|Social Value Management Certificate Round 4||Monday 4th December 2023||Friday 15th December 2023|
Fees for each level of the application are as follows:
|Very large||£1500 (£1250+VAT)|