This short course is an introduction to social value and is open to all sectors, members and non-members. It will give you skills and knowledge in social value, impact management and how to apply the Principles of Social Value in your practice. It will help you to provide a good account of social value – a story about the changes experienced by people. This course sets you on our Professional Pathway and will give you increased confidence and credibility in social impact management and practice.
This course is designed to support you to gain a theoretical understanding of the Principles of Social Value and the intention of impact management. It covers all eight Principles of Social Value, explaining each one in detail. These are the building blocks needed to create a social value account and report that meets the needs of different audiences. This course will help you to develop and improve your social impact practice and make decisions so that you can increase and optimise your social value.
Who is it for
This course is open to people from any sector at an early stage of their social value practice development. If you want to start a professional journey in social value to become a social value practitioner then this course is also for you.
Each of the sections aligns to the Level 1: Social Value Associate online examination and provides attendees with the technical understanding needed to pass.
- Two 2.5-hour sessions at 09:30-12:00 on March 5-6th (one course)
- One half a day session at 09:30 – 14:00 on April 8th (one course)
The course will cover:
- The role of Social Value UK and Social Value International
- The purpose of Social Value and impact management
- Creating an account of Social Value
- The Principles of Social Value
- Professional development pathways
- Digital materials
- Practical exercises to put into practice for your context
- Access to online interaction with rest of your cohort
- Signposting to ‘what next’ to continue developing your practice
- Members: £200+ VAT
- Non-Members: £250+ VAT
Special Offer for SVUK Members: Book your Level 1 Associate Practitioner exam at the same time and receive a 20% discount on the standard exam price. (Offer price £240 + VAT instead of the standard price of £300 + VAT.)