Any method for accounting for social value can apply the Principles of Social Value. The Report Review service is a useful and practical learning exercise for any organisation or author that has prepared a Social Return on Investment (SROI) report, social value report, or impact report. Social Value UK will provide feedback on your report which will include:
- Feedback on criteria relating to each of the eight Principles of Social Value.
- Recommendations on how the report (and the reporting process) might be improved in order to demonstrate a better understanding and application of the Principles of Social Value.
Report Review can help an organisation know how well their reporting can be used to make informed decisions which improve social value, and if the voices of stakeholders are being adequately heard. For practitioners who write reports, the feedback can be used to improve the future reporting and improve their understanding an application of the Principles of Social Value.
- Many reports do not contain the technical detail needed to meet full Report Assurance. The Report Review Service can provide an assessment of any social impact reporting method.
- Report Reviews do not provide an assurance statement, as the service is intended to be a learning exercise only.
- Report Reviews do not offer a formal feedback consultation or an amendment period in order to implement any changes for re-submission.
Social Value UK also recommend the Social Value Self-Assessment Tool as another useful learning exercise. This online survey provides you with an overall score of your organisation’s application of the Principles of Social Value. Accompanying this Self-Assessment are documents and guidance for improving your understanding and application of the Principles of Social Value.
The Report Review service costs £500+VAT.
For any enquiries please get in touch.