Online Social Value & SROI Practitioner Training
Accredited by the CPD Certification Service
Accredited by Social Value International
- Learning outcomes and standards
- Requirements for completion
- Dates and times
- View-Only training
We are now delivering our most popular training course online.
Online Social Value and SROI Practitioner Training covers all of the same content as our original two-day course, delivered through five sessions over two weeks with group webinars and assignments.
The course gives you the knowledge and tools necessary to measure and maximise the social value of your activities. So whether you’re a public body getting to grips with the Social Value Act, a charity measuring your impact and improving your services, or a private business looking at your triple bottom line, this training can help you. For more details about the benefits of social value, click here.
The online sessions will be live and interactive and, should you be unable to attend a session, will be made available for catch up for a week after they have taken place. There are some live webinars and exercises scheduled that must be completed in a set time frame in order to receive your certificate of completion.
You will receive content that has been developed over 10 years, delivered by an accredited trainer with 15 years experience of training and SROI. Learn more about the trainer here.
We also offer a View Only training option which, for a reduced price, allows you to attend training but excludes you from the interactive aspects of the course. Please click here for further details.
You can expect:
- 5 x 4-hour online training sessions delivered over 2 weeks
- digital materials*
- exercises to complete and submit by Google Classroom*
- group webinar for Q&A, discussion, and feedback on exercises *
- individual feedback on coursework*
*excludes View Only Trainees
Learning outcomes and standards
The course will follow the existing modules for Social Value International standards:
- Module 1 – Purpose and scope of impact management
- Module 2 – Identifying stakeholders and outcomes
- Module 3 – Measuring the amount of changes
- Module 4 – Valuing changes to outcomes
- Module 5 – From outcomes to impact, how to avoid over-claiming
- Module 6 – Calculations, aggregation, reporting & embedding
Click here to view the learning outcomes, standards, and the recommended reading for each module.
Requirements for completion (excludes View-Only trainees)
- You must attend (or watch on catch up within the set time frame) all online training sessions to successfully complete the course.
- You must complete all assignments within the set time frame to successfully complete the course.
- You need to be able to access Google Classroom. This may require changes to your domain’s security to allow access.
- There is a total of 24 hours of delivered content in this course, we suggest you allow an additional 6 hours for assignments during the course.
Dates and times
The timetables for training sessions are below. We will record all sessions for catch-up viewing and recorded sessions will be available for a limited time. We strongly recommend that the sessions are taken or viewed in chronological order – there is a natural progression in the modules which reflects the process outlined in the Guide to SROI.
IMPORTANT: All times shown below are UK time
|Course start date||Schedule||Book now|
|6th September 2021 (sessions run from 10:00 to 15:00)||View the full course schedule|
|5th October 2021 (sessions run from 09:30 to 14:30)||View the full course schedule||Standard course now fully booked
Book the view-only course
|9th November 2021 (sessions run from12:00 to 17:00)||View the full course schedule||Book the standard course
Book the view-only course
- Member Rate – £714 (incl. VAT)
- Training plus Social Value UK membership – £774 (incl. VAT)
- Non-Member Rate – £960 + VAT
- View Only Member Rate – £474 (incl. VAT)
- View Only Training plus Social Value UK membership – £534 (incl. VAT)
- View Only Non-Member Rate – £630 (incl. VAT)
This course is one of the essential requirements towards becoming a Level 2 Accredited Practitioner or Level 3 Advanced Practitioner as detailed on the SVI Practitioner Status Pathway page. Although not an essential requirement, applicants for Level 1 Associate Practitioner would benefit greatly from the knowledge gained through this course.
Please note that the cost of this course does not include any fees towards becoming a Level 1 Associate Practitioner, Level 2 Accredited Practitioner or Level 3 Advanced Practitioner. More information can be found on the SVI Practitioner Status Pathway page.
View Only Training
For a discounted price, the View Only option allows you to watch all the training sessions but excludes you from all of the interactive learning aspects of the course such as group discussions, access to some worked examples and templates, and coursework assignments with individual feedback on your work from the trainer.
The View Only option requires more solo study than the standard course as attendees are not able to interact with the trainer or the rest of the training cohort in the online classroom. It is ideal for those pressed for time, those using the course as a refresher of knowledge, or those that wish to learn more about Social Value & SROI, but without wanting to complete the interactive and practical elements of the training.
Please refer to the table below to get a full outline of what both training options consist of, and work out which is better for your needs.
The View Only option does still make you eligible to become an accredited or advanced practitioner although we strongly recommend the standard training option to achieve the necessary learning outcomes.
If you have any further queries or if you would like to enquire about any other online training and support options, please contact . Please provide a phone number if you can as it may be easy to call you back to discuss your question.