Guidance and Standards
The Guide to SROI provides a clear framework for anyone interested in measuring, managing and accounting for social value or social impact.
This Guide was originally written in 2009 with the UK Cabinet Office. Updated in 2012, it is the result of consultation with practitioners, members, academics, and others with an interest in social and environmental value and impact measurement.
We also have the following standards available, for use alongside the Guide. Click the links to download pdfs:
- Standard on Applying Principle 1 Involve stakeholders
- Standard on Applying Principle 2: Understand what changes (Part One: Creating well defined outcomes)
- Standard on Applying Principle 3: Value the things that matter
- Standard on Applying Principle 4: Only include what is material
The Draft Standards and short guidance for applying Principles 5 and 8 are now out for consultation.
Both documents represent the first versions of Standards and Short Guidance for Principles 5 and 8. We recommend that you read Principle 8 first as this has implications for Principle 5.
- DRAFT Standard on Applying Principle 5: Do not overclaim
- DRAFT: Standard on Applying Principle 8: Be Responsive
Translations of the Guide
The Guide is now also available in 10 different languages including Russian, Japanese and Portuguese. Browse and download the full selection from the Social Value International website.