The Social Value Management Certificate
The Social Value Management Certificate demonstrates that your organisation takes social value seriously and that you are continuously working to improve the amount of value you are creating. It goes beyond just reporting, and covers the way in which data is gathered, analysed, and acted upon so that better decisions are made to improve the lives of stakeholders.
The Social Value Management Certificate is an organisational pathway where improvements will continue to be made at each subsequent level. Therefore, you will be required to make a commitment to continuous improvement in social value practice.
The Social Value Management Certificate can be awarded to an organisation, a department or franchise, or a specific programme/project.
Why should I get the Social Value Management Certificate?
The Social Value Management Certificate has the following advantages:
- Gain a competitive advantage: You can prove to external stakeholders (including funders/ investors/ commissioners) that you are aligning to an international standard for managing social value and taking steps towards maximising the value that you can create.
- Improve your practice: You can follow a clear pathway for improving the way you are measuring and managing your social value with the support of peers and an international network of practitioners.
- Maximise: You can maximise the value you are creating for all of your stakeholders by implementing robust systems to measure, manage and maximise your social value.
- Social risk management: The certificate can provide confidence to you, and your stakeholders that you are taking steps to manage your social value including the risk of negative or unintended outcomes.
How to apply
- Download and carefully read the Social Value Management Certificate Guidance Document. This contains all the information you need to make a successful application.
- Download and carefully read the Social Value Management Certificate Criteria for All 3 Levels.
- Make sure your organisation has a current membership with Social Value International.
- Arrange a preparation call with the Assurance Manager before making the application.
- Download and read the Terms & Conditions of application. A signed copy of these must be submitted with your application.
- Download and complete the relevant Criteria and Evidence Form from links below:
To apply for the Social Value Management Certificate, please use the button below. Please note that your application will be processed during the next round. The dates of the Social Value Management Certificate application rounds are available on the Assurance Calendar.
Fees for application are outlined in the Social Value Management Certificate Guidance Document.
It is also a good idea to take our Self-Assessment on the Social Value Self Assessment Tool. This gives you an indication of how your social value management systems and processes are already meeting the standards. It also has a very useful set of tips and guidance to help you improve your practice over time.