Level 2 Accredited Practitioner status shows: The applicant has demonstrated practical competence in the application of social impact and social value assessment in line with the Social Value International (SVI) Framework.
- Applicant must be a Level 1 Social Value Associate
- Successful completion of an Accredited training programme
- Successful assurance of a Social Impact report or SROI report. Assured reports need to meet the criteria in this document. Many examples of assured reports can be found on our Report Database. The following circumstances are allowed for Level 2:
- Formal mentoring
- Staggered assurance route (i.e. the Pre-Assurance Outcomes Check)
- Limitation attached to your report (e.g. Limited Application of Principle 4: Only Include What is Material)
- Overview statement of interest and commitment to Social Value, Impact Management and social impact assessment or SROI
- Successful completion of interview
- 2 years
Opportunities for progression:
- Can progress to Level 3 Advanced Practitioner status
- Eligibility for delivering short Social Value, Impact Management or SROI courses accredited by SVI
- Standard Application – £1440 (£1200+VAT)
- Fast Track Application – £1680 (£1400 + VAT)
- Amendment Period – £360 (£300 + VAT)
PLEASE NOTE: The majority of reports submitted as part of an application are of a standard that means they have to go through a post-assessment amendment period. We recommend that you budget for the extra £360 amendment period fee.
To become a Level 2 Accredited Practitioner, you will already have a certified theoretical understanding of social value, impact management and SVI Framework for accounting for value guided by the Social Value Principles, demonstrated through your Level 1 Social Value Associate status.
To progress to Level 2 it is expected that you will put this theoretical knowledge in to practice by undertaking a social value, or SROI analysis.
You are also required to have successfully completed a SVI Accredited Training course. This is a required step as it is fundamental to prepare you with the skills and knowledge to be able to undertake your social value or SROI practice.
To develop your skills in practice, you must:
- Complete an accredited training programme
To help you to develop these skills you can also:
- Work through the SVI E-Learning Zone ‘Practitioner Package’
- Undertake bespoke SROI mentoring to support your practice development
We would also highly recommend that you:
- Review the SVI Standards for applying the Social Value Principles and the SROI Guide
- Read the SVI Report Assurance Standard. This is the assessment criteria that will be used to assess your report
- Review other reports in the SVUK Report Database
- Use the Pre-Assurance Outcomes Check service to support your report development
It is important to familiarise yourself with these documents before applying. These documents will need to be completed and submitted with your application:
- Terms and Conditions of Application
- Report Assurance Terms and Conditions (if the report submitted as part of your application has not previously been assured by Social Value International)
- Personal Statement of Interest in Social Value and Impact Management – download a template
- SVI Practitioner Commitment to Good Practice
Circumstances allowed for Level 2 Accredited Practitioner Status
At Level 2 Accredited Practitioner application there are some circumstances allowed that would not be allowed for application to Level 3 Advanced Practitioner status. These are:
- Formal mentoring
- Staggered assurance (i.e. the Pre-Assurance Outcomes Check)
- A Limitation attached to your report (i.e. Limited Application of Principle 4: Only Include What is Material)
These circumstances offer Practitioners the opportunity to progress with their accreditation in a more supported manner, and also in circumstances where there may be some limitations to the practice undertaken.
Make your application
The dates of the application rounds during 2023 are below. A calendar detailing the timelines of applications is available here.
|Assurance Service||Round Opens||Round Closes|
|Level 2 Accredited Practitioner Round 1||Monday 6th February 2023||Friday 17th February 2023|
|Level 2 Accredited Practitioner Round 2||Monday 8th May 2023||Friday 19th May 2023|
|Level 2 Accredited Practitioner Round 3||Monday 4th September 2023||Friday 15th September 2023|
|Level 2 Accredited Practitioner Round 4||Monday 6th November 2023||Friday 17th November 2023|
To make an application, please use the button below. (PLEASE NOTE: applications will only be processed during the Assurance Rounds unless you have organised a Fast Track timeline directly with the Assurance Team.)
Applications can also be made as a part of the Fast Track service, which provides your initial results in half the time, and means you do not have to wait for an application round. To arrange for Fast Track application please contact the Assurance Team.
Renew your status
To renew your SVI Practitioner status, please click the button below. The cost of renewal is £120 (£100 + VAT). Renewing will extend your status for two years.
You must provide a document (no longer than one page of A4) outlining your continued work and development in social value. Examples of satisfactory evidence are detailed in this document and a statement template is available here.
Please note that payment is taken through the application form. If this is a problem and you would rather pay via invoice, please contact the Assurance Team.
Already had a report assured?
If you have already had a social impact or Social Return on Investment report assured, you may be eligible to go directly to the interview stage of a Level 2 Accredited Practitioner application. Applications made in this way have a reduced cost of £450+VAT.